42 Comments

1. becks*
    7/30/2012

awesome!! i wish i had 1/10 of your mummy’s creativity & talent!

2. Way to knit Karla and Marshall! The Ziggy Stardust sweater is amazing and looks great on Marshall!

3. 7/30/2012

Gosh, I struggle to knit with one colour. Trying to come up with a witty suggestion for the next project but failing miserably.

• Aww – it’s OK I have a few ideas up my sleeve. Knitting with multiple colours is easy once you get the hang of it, just keeping all the balls from getting tangled up is the trickiest part.

• Ah great suggestions – Rufio’s hair is pretty much like a bigger version of Ziggy’s! My top pick of those options is Totoro – that would be soooo cute.

4. 7/30/2012

Oh. My. God. How bloody awesome are you??! As if the manligan wasn’t impressive enough … that gif is the icing on the cake!

• yay and I just learned a new word (I had to Google “manligan”, aka manly cardigan). Glad you like the gif – it is my favourite gif to date (and I do lots of gifs ha) x

5. david
    7/31/2012

Absolutely Fabulous

6. heatherxmcnab
    7/31/2012

wow this is so great! I wish I had one of these when I was a kid!

7. 8/1/2012

That is an excellent cardigan! The baby now has more style than most people I know (including myself!). :)

8. Lestersmama
    8/9/2012

Freddie Mercury comes to mind

9. David Hicks
    9/7/2012

Nice project with an iconic image. Love it.
    (One quibble: That was actually Bowie’s “Aladdin Sane” persona. Ziggy came earlier.)

• tiny sartorialist
      9/11/2012

Yes we were torn as this is the Aladdin Sane cover, but Bowie himself has described “A lad insane” as simply an evolution of Ziggy/”Ziggy goes to America.” It seems to be quite a debate, so we are going to just call this our David Bowie cardie :)

x

10. Kay_to_the_Tee
    9/21/2012

You could totally sell this. I would buy one and I dont even have kids!

11. rachel black
    9/28/2012

Do you have a pattern outline i can download to make myself??

• tiny
      10/1/2012

Hi Rachel – not yet, but I am working on putting something together :) I will be doing just the face – stay tuned! x

12. angel
    10/23/2012

ooooh, I sure hope you come up with the Bowie face template soon– my husband wants it on a sweater for himself! :D

13. Sarah Thorpe
    9/1/2013

like Rachel Black, i’d love to have a pattern outline if you have them available for download! such a great sweater, I love it! :)

• tiny
      9/1/2013

Thank you for the reminder – I really do mean to make it into a file that people can follow. Have just been so busy! I have your email so will be happy to send it to you. I’m thinking within the next 6 weeks is a realistic goal :)

• Sarah Thorpe
        9/3/2013

great, thanks so much! :)

14. […] argue with my mum on Twitter if you like, but she will probably just send you a smiley face and this Ziggy Stardust knitted GIF.  Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and are not redeemable for cash. All entries become […]

Show me some love xo